Friday, May 11, 2012

Chocolate Chip Mini-Muffins



I just prepared these muffins for our local library kids craft session. Since the craft was for Mother's day, I decorated them with flowers. This was my first time try for all these buttercream flowers but it was really fun. I got this recipe from the Taste of Home magazine.

INGREDIENTS:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS:
In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. In a small bowl, beat egg, milk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes or until the toothpick inserted comes out clean.

For decorating the muffins, I used the buttercream frosting. I used the Wilton's buttercream frosting recipe. For the different flowers, I watched the videos on youtube and frosted accordingly!!


2 comments: