Monday, September 17, 2012

Angry Birds Cake


This was the cake I made for a 3-yr-old girl who simply loves "angry birds". She is allergic to milk and so her mom had got me the non-dairy frosting. It was basically a two-layered cake with the bottom layer German chocolate and the top one vanilla and the whole cake was covered in the non-dairy frosting. The frosting was Duncan Hines Frosting Creations tub. We were going to use the angry birds edible image on the cake. I shaded the sky to go along with the image. I used the tip#12 for the sky with different shades of blue using one at a time. For the grass I used the grass tip. The edible image was added about 1 hour prior to the party. The only problem I noticed was that due to the uneven surface of the sky below, the image cracked a little bit after it merged into the cake. So from next time onward I am going to keep the surface below the image plain.

No comments:

Post a Comment