Sunday, April 22, 2012

"Tom and Jerry" Birthday cake


This was my first time doing the edible cake image frosting. I had done a lot of research on the frosting to be used on the cake for this as we prefer whipped cream over the buttercream or any other icing and the cake image does not come out good on the whipped frosting. Most of them had the opinion that the colors in the image run out and fade away because of the high water content in the whipped cream. The buttercream was the best to use. I did not want to take any chances with this image as I was doing it for the first time, so I did the combination of both the frostings. I frosted the cake with buttercream just under the image and rest all the cake was done with whipped cream frosting. The image blended well after putting it over the cake in about 10-15 minutes. This was pretty easy to do and I followed each and every instruction on the instruction sheet provided with the cake image.

 The cake was two layered, the bottom layer was chocolate fudge and the top layer was vanilla with strawberry mousse as the filling. I used the star tip on the sides of the cake and tip #195 for the flowers on the borders. As there was not much place for the borders on the top of the cake after putting the image, I just decorated with sprinkles. The birthday boy had a blast cutting into it and his friends loved the cake a lot.


No comments:

Post a Comment