Friday, April 29, 2011

Easter Strawberry Pastries

We were having a playdate for the easter weekend when I had made these pastries for my "little friends" attending the playdate..I happened to be at the party city the week before and got the cute little bunny picks and got the idea of fixing it on the pastries!!

INGREDIENTS:
1 packet strawberry cake mix (betty crocker/pillsbury/duncan hines)
3 eggs
1 1/4 cup water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 lb fresh strawberries
2 cups whipped cream

DIRECTIONS:
Prepare a 13x9 inch cake as per the directions on the cake box. When the cake cools down, trim the cake by cutting the side crusts of the cake. Then cut through the cake to make two halves of the cake. On the bottom halft spread half of the cream and freshly cut strawberries. Put the upper half of the cake and decorate it with the remaining whipped cream. I used the green color cream which was left over from my previous cake. Then I made a striped apperance with the cake comb and cut the cake into sqaure pastries. Then on each pastry I placed thinly sliced strawberries in a "plus" sign and inserted the bunny pick in between. I made 15 pastries from this cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment