Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pinwheel cookies


INGREDIENTS:

6 tbsp unsalted butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
1 tbsp of Hershey's chocolate syrup
1 tsp baking powder

DIRECTIONS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c85-4fe8bek 


TIPS:
Tip #1: I have halved the original recipe and also made some changes according to my needs. It made around 22 cookies with the half measure recipe.

Tip #2: I used chocolate syrup instead of the cocoa powder in the original recipe as I had ran out of it and hence the light brown color in the midst of the cookies. If you use the cocoa powder you will get very nice chocolate color.If your dough is too much sticky when you add the chocolate syrup, add flour to get to the firm consistency of the dough.

Tip #3: My roll was slightly elongated unlike the circular one in the video. That is why my cookies look oval shape than perfect round.

No comments:

Post a Comment