Thursday, July 12, 2012

Flower Sugar Cookies


For these cookies I used the "No fail sugar cookies" recipe on the Cake Central; it is one of the best sugar cookies I have ever tried. The ingredient measurements are so perfect that the cookies taste heavenly good. I had to try my new Wilton flower cookie pops pan so I baked the cookies in that pan and hence they are so big in size. They are decorated with royal icing. I had cut down the original recipe to half as the original recipe makes 5 dozen cookies. This dough yielded me around 16 flower cookies of around 3.5-4 inches each.

INGREDIENTS:
3 cups all purpose flour
1 cup granulated white sugar
1 cup unsalted butter
1 egg
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla essence


DIRECTIONS:
Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix well. Mix dry ingredients and add a little at a time to butter mixture. Mix until flour is completely incorporated and the dough comes together. Chill for 1 hour. Roll to desired thickness and cut into desired shapes. Bake on ungreased baking sheet at 350 degrees F  for 8 to 10 minutes or until just beginning to turn brown around the edges. If you are using the Wilton flower cookie pop pan, just pat the dough in the pan and let it bake for the same time and temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment